Friday, March 05, 2004

Two slices of ham, Grasshopper cookies, and my blog


Yep, that's what's doing for lunch. Oh, and a Pepsi of course. I searched high and low for the squeezy cheese, but I didn't have any luck, or I would have had that, too. ;o)

I don't think I've mentioned what a great dad Tai is, yet. Shame on me. There is a connection there, ya know...but nobody will understand it but me. It's the squeezy cheese. Last night, as I'm dying on the couch, he pulls out a can of squeezy cheese and some crackers. The kids come running, of course. They're used to eating dinner around 6:00, but I was dying on the couch at that time, and Tai wasn't home yet. So we were waiting, at 7:00, for our Chinese to arrive when he pulled out the snack. He turned it into a learning game. He would draw shapes, numbers, letters, or punctuation marks on the crackers with the cheese, and then when a kid identified it correctly, he would give it to them to eat. It was fun to watch, and I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't feel like Hell warmed over. Tai does things like this all of the time, and I don't think he even realizes it. He doesn't have to ~try~ to be a good dad because it comes naturally to him. The kids are lucky to have him. And I'm lucky to go through my adventures in parenting with him at my side.

Oh, yeah, he even remembered to share the cheesy crackers with the gerbils. =o)

No comments: