Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's been a while...

So my birthday was Monday. Guess what I got? In addition to regular gifts, I got a signed purchase agreement for our new house in Illinois!!!

Tai is on his way to Illinois as I type to finally see this house we're buying. My parents, brother, sister-in-law, and aunt have all seen it and given their OK. Now it's his turn. Me? I won't get to see it in person until we move in! Even Jennette, my best friend, will get to see it before I will, since she's taking Tai there this afternoon. Harumph. LOL

They will be meeting the inspector there at 1:30. It was supposed to have been appraised and inspected for termites yesterday. So after today, all of the inspections will be done! Woohoo!

We are hoping to close within the next couple of weeks, and then take possession on the first. Unfortunately, the wonderful people we're buying the house from haven't found another house yet! Wish them luck!

Anyhow, we've got the movers scheduled to be here the Monday after Thanksgiving. They'll be packing us then, and loading the truck on Tuesday. We've got a house cleaning crew coming in, so far, on Thursday. So this moving thing? It's gonna be a breeze until we get there. :)

Breeze or not, I'm still stressing, of course!

Tai has an interview lined up for Monday morning. Wish him luck! He's flying back Monday evening. Until then, I've got all three kids on my own. Let's hope I don't duct tape any of them in their closets!

That's about all that's going on, I think. Or all I can think about, anyway!