Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Homework

I am homework-ed out. I feel like I'm in both the first and the second grade again...at the same time!

I don't remember having this much homework as a kid. In fact, I don't remember having ANY homework in elementary school until the 3rd or 4th grade. Perrin and Darcy have both been bringing home all SORTS of homework every freakin' day! And that's in ADDITION to the 20 minutes of reading (each) that they are supposed to do.

For the last two nights, plus several nights last week, the kids have come home, done chores, played outside, eaten dinner, and then we had to do homework until their bedtime! They had to stay up late just to get showers done.

And none of this homework is stuff they can do by themselves. Oh no. This is all Mommy-hands-on homework. This is Mommy-has-to-sit-and-explain-every-question-or-detail-about-each-and-every-part-of-the-assignment kind of homework.

I don't want to go to first and second grade again!