Sunday, August 13, 2006

Two outta three ain't bad

We drove down to Tennessee Friday night to pick up Perrin and Darcy. The plan had been to drive halfway on Sunday, but their biomom had a family emergency. Her sister's infant died - SIDS. I feel so bad for her sister. I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through.

But I have *MY* babies back. :) Two out of three of them, anyway. Alex is still with my parents, and he will be returning September 4th, I believe. The day before school starts, anyway. :) For now, I'll just have to deal with having only two of 'em.

They grew. Darcy especially. I don't think she noticed, but I did. We stopped at the Safari Park on the way home, and Perrin was bitten by an ostrich! The ostrich tried to take his thumb plumb off. LOL It was hillarious...or it would have been if it hadn't scared the shit out of him. :) That was at the beginning of our trip through the park. I was afraid that would ruin the whole thing for him, but he bucked up and took it like a bison. ;o) We had fun. We didn't get to feed the giraffes this time, unfortunately. They were off doing their own thing by the time we got there. Ah well.

I took Darcy out to buy new school clothes this afternoon. That was fun. She loves to shop when it's all for her. LOL

Today is Tai and my second anniversary. We've made it this far without any real fights! Woohoo! Go us!

That's about all that's going on. I think I'm going to try to convince Tai that tonight would be a great night to take the kids to a movie.