Sunday, August 20, 2006

Job-seeking sucks.

Darcy is going to be in first grade this year. Guess what that means?

Yeah, no more excuse for staying home all day. Oy.

I've applied for a few jobs within the school district - teachers aid and office assistant positions. I haven't heard from them, so I don't know if anything will come of them. I figure that's the safest bet - then I'll have the same days off as the kids do, etc.

But just in case, I'm looking at the local newspaper classifieds online. And OY. I'm NOT looking forward to finding a job. I really, really want to be home when the kids are home. I can't afford after-school care for three kids. I just can't. There's no way I'd make enough to justify it. And then there are all of the snow days, the holidays, the vacation days, etc, that the kids will be home. It would add up quickly.

I don't think I'd mind WORKING. It's the job hunting I don't like. Blech.