Monday, February 21, 2005

New entry, take two

I had an entry all typed out, and I was just about ready to hit publish when the kitten decided he'd like to try his hand (or paw, I suppose) at blogging. I'm sitting on the couch with the laptop, and my flying fingers fascinate him. As do the clicking noises. And the cursor. And the appearance of letters on the screen. They fascinate him so much that he thinks he'd really like to climb right on top of the keyboard and gnaw on my fingers. And bite/lick/paw at the screen. He's so very helpful. I let him know in no uncertain terms that this is *MY* blog, and if he wants to start one, I'd be happy to help him. But he wouldn't be making any guest posts on mine, thank you very much. (I'm sure he understood every word of it, too.) He didn't take kindly to my not sharing it with him, and he started nibbling at my fingers...which is easy enough to stop by tickling the roof of his mouth. Muah ha ha ha. Of course, all that got me was a cat LAYING on my keyboard. He's so very helpful!

Anyhow, my first attempt at a post involved something about me being tired of not having any friends (except my wonderful husband, of course) in the area. So at the spur of the moment, I invited my neighbor and her daugher (Alex's age) for dinner this evening. It was nice to have the company. I'd made chicken soup with homemade egg noodles, and the house was fairly clean, so why not? We had a nice time.

And here comes Fenris again. I guess I'd better get started on *HIS* blog, now. ;o)