Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just as we were about to find the bottom of the barrel...

Tai got a job offer and took it. There's no guarantee it will be full-time, but it's good money per hour, so that's alright. And if it doesn't turn out to be full-time, he can always look for a different job on his off hours, right?

The good news is, he should enjoy the work. The position is as a graphic illustrator. Right up his alley.

He starts in the morning. :)


Meanwhile, I got one callback on all of the resumes I've sent out. Unfortunately, it's for the same company Tai just accepted a job at! They have a policy about not hiring married couples. The guy told me to go ahead and come in for an interview, anyway. He's going to check on the policy to see if we can work it out.

My job wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable as Tai's. I'd be, essentially, telemarketing. Business to business, though, so it's not sooooo bad. I have several resumes in the mail for other jobs that might be more my cup of tea.

Wish us luck.

No comments: