Monday, September 12, 2005

When I woke up this mornin'

No, you weren't on my miiiiiiiind. When I woke up, the right side of my neck and throat were swolen. Ouch. I made an appointment with the doctor, but soon discovered that I couldn't find my keys. Damn. Had to cancel the appointment. Rescheduled for tomorrow. Then found my keys (an hour too late for the appointment) - they were on the floor below where they get hung up when they are put away. I *had* put them away after all! They'd just gotten knocked down, and they landed behind the carpet shampooer that was sitting there. Ugh.

Then, Fenris caught a bird. My beautiful little kitty is a vicious hunter. I ran out the door, stomping, clapping, and hollering, "No, Fenris! No!" And in a flurry of feathers, the bird was able to escape and fly away to safety. I'm sure it flew away only to suffer from a heart attack, but if that's not the case, he'll certainly have a story to tell over dinner with his family tonight! Fenris and Senorita are both outside rolling around on the feathers, looking up at me (with feathers stuck all over their bodies and coming out of their mouths), and it looks like they are saying, "Whaaaaaaaat?"

In other news, the weekend went well - better than I had expected. Tai's ex-wife, the biological mom of Perrin and Darcy, came up on Friday and left Sunday. She wanted to come up for the kids' birthdays - so the weekend in between them seemed like a good compromise. We had a party for the kids, gave them presents, etc. Everything went as smoothly as it possibly could have, for having an ex staying with us. LOL