Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Scary, isn't it?

I keep thinking about what sort of things are happening to our country...what sort of place this will be for my children to grow up...what sort of place this will be when they *are* grown up.

How many more rights are going to be taken away?
(No more right to privacy... The government can force you to sell your land to a private company... Etc, etc.)

How much more control will the government have over the press?
(Didn't hear about the 400 bombs going off simultaneously in Bangladesh, did ya? Yeah...and at the blast sites, there were pamphlets saying the US needs to get out of Muslim countries.)

Will we end up with a national religion...one that isn't their preference?
(Schools are being encouraged to teach "intelligent design" - in other words, Creationism.)

Will the presidency end up being a dictatorship?
(Why hasn't this guy been impeached already, for goodness sake?)

It's just plain getting scary. If you don't know what I mean, find an independent news source and do some reading.

I think maybe this is the reason I've been increasingly becoming depressed. Heaven knows my family life is pretty good. That's the only reason I can think of. I've finally made an appointment with a counselor and a psychiatrist. We'll see if that helps my outlook. Somehow, though, I don't think it's going to help our government.