Wednesday, June 29, 2005

How to make a bedroom. Well, how we are making one, anyway!

First, you make the frame for the room. (This was all Tai)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Then, with tongue sticking out, you make the frames for each of the flats. Tai and I both did this part.  Only I didn't stick out my tongue.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
See? Look!  Flat frames!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Then you buy a Futon, cover the flats with muslin, and then get everything you can possibly find all sticky.  Er, uh, I mean paint on the sizing.  Yeah.  Here is where I don't mention that my pants were STUCK to my ass b/c I got sizing all over me.  Yeah.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Then you paint the flats with boring white paint, because that's what the hubby wanted.  Plain old boring white.  Ok, whatever. LOL
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think, finally, tonight, we'll be able to actually ATTACH the walls (flats) to the frame.  Woohoo!  It might begin to look like a real room, finally.

And just think.  We've got a whole other day and a half to work on this!

Oh yeah...Tai did go out and buy blacklights to put in the room. So we're hoping to find invisible paint (stuff that doesn't show with regular lights, only the blacklight) to put on the walls on top of that boring white. So it's not all bad. ;o)