Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Aha!

I really hate having to come up with a title. I'm no good at it. Oh well.

Anyhow, I saw the doctor yesterday. Actually, I saw a nurse practitioner, which is sometimes better than seeing a doctor. She listened to what I had to say, she asked a lot of questions, and she prescribed Prozac for me. Not only for the PMS, but also because I tend to be depressed this time of year anyway. I hate short days & gloomy weather. They do horrible things to me. I've been on Prozac before, and it has done its job pretty well, so I'm hopeful this will work. Besides, as I recall from the last time, it helped with my motivation and energy level - a lot. As in I cleaned everything in sight because I WANTED to. That's a great side effect! LOL

I didn't get an official diagnosis - whether I'm still in the PMS category or if I've moved on to PMDD. I figure it doesn't matter as long as the drugs work!

In other news, I had a lovely visit with Lisa, though the kids tended to dominate the conversation. Surprise!