Thursday, December 09, 2004

A strange thing happened

...this morning. My alarm clock went off, and I rolled over, opened my eyes, and I didn't hit snooze. I turned it off. And I rolled back over and thought, "Wow. This is gonna be a pretty good day." That hasn't happened in a while; if you've been reading my blog, you already know. I woke up in a good mood. I woke up refreshed after just six hours of sleep. Whoa.

Maybe blaring cheerful Christmas music at myself for two entire days has done the trick. It's hard to be grumpy or melancholy while singing along to Frosty the Snowman isn't it? Maybe it's that I've forced myself to get up and do something for the last couple of days. Making cookies and candies and other goodies for the people at Tai's work has been kind of fun. And I haven't done too badly with it, either. Out of ten different goodies, I've only ruined one. The rest have turned out just right. Go me!

Unfortunately, while it *has* been a pretty good day, mood-wise, my tummy doesn't agree. Its mood is quite foul. Oh well. Life will go on.