Monday, December 06, 2004

Six weeks!

They say it takes six weeks to break a habit. If that's the case, I've broken the habit of smoking. Yay. If that's the case, though, why is it I want a cigarette?!

I hate this time of year. Not the holidays - the short days. The dreary-ness of everything. The lack of sunshine. I hate it with a passion. I sit on my ass all day and do nothing. Motivation is impossible to find. I'll let the dishes sit overnight everynight...thus I'm always a day behind. I'll let the clean laundry sit for days and days before I fold it...and let it sit for more days before I put it away. *sigh* I haven't gotten on my Gazelle in days, and believe me, I need to.

My brain says, "If you get moving, you'll keep moving." But I can't GET moving to begin with. I get up in the morning, but have a hell of a time 'waking up' - even when I get 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 hours of sleep. In fact, I can't wake up enough to do squat in the morning. And as soon as lunch is over? I take a nap! Then I spend until suppertime trying to wake up again.

This is ridiculous.