Friday, November 26, 2004

We're paying $100 a month for what, again?

Is it just me, or is there really nothing to watch on tv? Seriously...if you're not into "reality" tv, what is there, anymore? Sure, you can watch crime scene/lab guys do their thing, but honestly...who out there thinks they explain every step to one another as they go along? Don't they all have degrees? Geeeeze. If it weren't for the fact that our children would likely kill each other if they didn't have Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon to distract them, we'd probably drop the cable alltogether. There are two tv shows that Tai and I like, and they're on local network channels: The West Wing and Lost. Of course, we'd still be paying $45 a month for cable internet...*sigh*

Anyhow, I've decided the thing I'm most thankful for on Thanksgiving is that it's the ONLY day a year I have to deal with Turkey. =o) It was just the five of us, but we made a ton of food, anyway...as is the tradition. Can I let you in on a secret, though? I really don't like Thanksgiving foods. I just don't. Everybody else in the country moans and complains that they are so stuffed full...and here I sit wondering if the pizza places are open yet, cuz I'm starved. I know. I'm un-American. I can deal with it.

We got the Christmas tree up today, thanks, mainly, to Tai. He rearranged furniture and drug the storage tubs down to the living room. I made an emergency run to the dollar store because we were short on garland. Whoops. We figured 18 feet would be enough for our little 4' tree. We were wrong. No biggie. I also picked up a new topper that happens to match the drapes. =o) I had fun for the first time with a can of fake snow stuff. I sprayed a circle around the big picture window that we put the tree in front of, so the tree looks like it's in a circular frame of snow. Kinda nifty if I do say so myself. Now I just have to hope it comes out of the drapes. Oops!