Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Round one complete

Ding, ding! And the winner is? Meg! I came home from the doctor with not only a prescription for a muscle relaxant, but with a referral for a plastic surgeon as well! The doctor also took not one, not two, but THREE tubes of blood, plus 1/2 a cup of urine for analysis. Apparantly, my old doctor was wrong when she told me I could take 800mg of ibuprofen every four hours for the rest of my life if I wanted...this doc is worried about possible liver issues. Whoops. I've been taking ibuprofen (1600-3200mgs daily) for YEARS. So she ordered labs to check that out. All in all, it was a good trip to the doc. I have to wait until Friday to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon - it takes that long for the referral to get into the system. I'm amazed at how easy the referral was to get! Wish me luck that it continues to go smoothly.