Monday, October 25, 2004

There is an elephant on my chest

So this morning is the beginning of the first official day without cigarettes. The plan had been for this to be yesterday morning, but, well, we had some left over and couldn't let them go to waste!

So today is the first day I get to feel like there is an elephant sitting on my chest. Squeezing it. Menacingly. I want a cigarette so much I could scream right now. But hey, the good news is, I'm stuck at home without a car and without cash. So I can't go get any...or have any delivered.

It truly amazes me the weird sensation I have when I start to crave a smoke. It literally feels like someone is reaching in my chest and squeezing my heart in his hand. It's VERY unpleasant. I hope this goes away soon.

In other news, I had a terrific birthday...Tai made sure the kids behaved, and he made me dinner and a cheesecake, and bought me a sweet, sweet card, and gave me books to read, and... Yep, it was a good day. :)