Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Little Red Ropes of Doom. Doom I say!

Over the course of the last two days, I've eaten over a pound and a half of Twizzlers. Holy cow! I don't know how it happened. I've never really cared for them in the past, but boy, they sure do seem to be hitting the spot lately!

We went unscathed by the tornadoes, today. Just had to deal with rain, rain, and more rain. It's been raining almost nonstop since Sunday. Ugh. I'm tired of it already, and I'm sure we've got several more days of it to go.

I ordered a nifty telephone from Walmart.com, and finally got it yesterday. I got it all programmed...charged it...and found out it didn't work. :( I took it back to my local store, where they refunded both the purchase price AND the shipping charges. Yay! I picked up a dual handset phone system from Uniden for about the same price. Not quite so many cool features, but it's got the requirements - and has the extra handset. I am going to test these out before I bother to spend forever programming them!

Got to spend some quality time with Darcy this morning. That was nice. I didn't get to do too much of that over the summer - too many kids, too little Mommy. Did some homework with her. She recognized these letters: A, a, B, b, C, c, D, O, o, P, p, Q, S, s, T, t, X, and x. Not too shabby for a three year old! (Ok, she turns four on the 17th...but still!) She also identified at least two different shades of these colors: blue, red, pink, purple, orange, yellow, brown, peach, and green. And identified: black, white, and sometimes gray. Yay!

Perrin's special education teacher called this afternoon to introduce herself. She seems like a very nice woman. And no offense to her at all, but I hope Perrin is able to accomplish all of his goals by January and be moved entirely into the regular classroom. That was the plan listed on his last IEP. She did confirm that his IEP did make it from the old school to the new one, too. I was a bit concerned about that.

The boys' school has this strange automated calling system. For several nights now, we've gotten a call each evening - a pre-recorded message from the principal. (Except tonight, where it was pre-recorded by another woman.) Most of it has been about the new traffic pattern at the school, and letting us know how exciting the first couple of days of school have been. It's interesting. I suppose it could come in handy if, say, I forget that the next day is picture day, or if the next day is a teacher's institute that I've forgotten about or something. For now, though, I just keep listening and listening, wondering if I can hang up, or if they are going to tell me something important! LOL

Well, I feel as if I've written a novel in this post. I guess I'd better call it a night.