Thursday, April 29, 2004

Window shopping, buying, and even renting videos - all from my computer chair.

I love the new version of shopping that the Internet has brought into my life. I'm a SAHM in a one-car family. This means I don't have the opportunity to go out and window shop during the day while the boys are at school. But now I can do that from my computer chair. I can also buy a Mother's Day present for my mom, and look for a gift for my father's birthday (any suggestions???) - and have them shipped directly to their home. That's particularly convenient, considering I'm 850 miles from them. I may as well pay the shipping cost (sometimes, that's even free!) directly to the store rather than having to hope and pray Tai gets home early enough on a business day that I can make it to the post office to ship it off from here. Most recently, we've joined Netflix. I'm sure most of you know this is a way to rent DVDs - from your computer. All we have to do is go through thousands and thousands of available titles, and make a list of the ones we want. For a mere $20 or so a month, they'll send them to us on a continuing basis. We can have three out at a time, and as soon as they receive one back, they'll send us another. No late fees! (We routinely spend over $20/mo on late fees alone, anyway.) We'll see how this works out. My only bane is that it's DVDs only, and the kids don't have a DVD player in their room. Oh well. Life goes on.

No comments: