Sunday, March 14, 2004

Productive day

Ahh, it was a productive day. Not only did I fix the hole in the bathroom wall from when the towel rack fell off, I also anchored the over-the-toilet-shelving-thingie to the wall. Which involved using the drill. I so like to play with my tools. Also scrubbed the bathroom, went grocery shopping, got P's hair cut, and rearranged our bedroom with Tai's help. We finally took apart the behemoth of an L shaped desk, stashed the filing cabinet portion under the main desk part, and stuck the extra pieces in the closet so when we get a bigger place, we can put it back together the way it was meant to be. On top of all of these things, I also made Polish Mistakes, which are just marvelous.

Now Polish Mistakes look just plain nasty. Something like puke on toast. But damn they're good! Fry up a pound of Italian sausage, dump in not quite a pound of Velveta (sp?) cheese, a teaspoon of garlic, and a teaspoon of onion powder. Melt the cheese and mix it all together. Spread this goop on slices of cocktail rye bread. Toss 'em in the oven for 15 minutes or so at 350 degrees...long enough for the bread to get kind of crunchy. They even sound gross. But let me tell you, everybody ate them! Even P, who doesn't like spicy food (And boy were these spicy! I bought the hot Italian sausage this time.) ate at least 6 pieces. I highly recommend that everyone try these things. I know they sound disgusting, and look nasty, but...really...they're just something everyone should try!

No comments: