Sunday, April 27, 2008

Water woes

In order to plug up the sewer hole that kept flooding our basement, we had to unhook the water softener, as it would no longer have a place to drain. Which sucks, because our water is incredibly hard, and gunk builds up in the pipes, which slows down our water pressure. We have installed a water filter, but it doesn't do a whole heck of a lot.

Anyway, this means that no two water-related things can happen at the same time. And when six people live in a house, not being able to do laundry, water the lawn and garden, run the dish washer, or shower while someone else is doing one of the above, it gets obnoxious. Fast.

And it doesn't help that every single time I plan on doing laundry during the day, my brother-in-law starts a load. I swear, he has got to be planning it!

We have sooooo much laundry piled up that we ended up buying three 50 gallon garbage cans to hold it all. Three! I mean, come ON! I resorted to buying new clothes last week for a party because I couldn't get in to do any laundry, and I didn't have anything clean to wear!

I managed to do a few loads last night. Between 1:00 and 4:00 AM. That's just insane.

Now I just need to find time between Mike's loads of laundry, running the dishwasher, watering the lawn and garden, and other people's showers to get a shower of my own.

No comments: