Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This is a post

...just to let you know that I'm alive and well, basically.

Things are hectic around here. I'm getting used to a new schedule at work. One where I go in from 5:30 to about 9:00 in the morning 5 days a week, and in return, I work two less evenings a week. Except that I'm still working one third shift every other week, too, so that screws up the schedule. There are few things consistent with my schedule from week to week: I have Sundays off. I have Monday evenings off. And I always work Saturday evenings. Everything else swaps back and forth every week. It's kind of like being on a teeter totter. Only I don't get to sit down. I've got to stand up on it. On one foot. While wearing really high heels.

And as soon as I start to get used to the schedule, what did I go and do? I volunteered to work two weeks of third shift in order to let our regular third shift guy get some time off. He's accrued the maximum number of hours off, and he can't accrue any more until he spends some of what he's already collected. So there we have it.

The kids are all alive and mostly well. We got report cards last week...or was it the week before? Yeah, I can't keep track. Anyway, Alex isn't doing so hot. He had Cs and Ds at the time of his conference, but I think he brought them up to at least Cs in time for the official report card. His teachers were being kind and allowing him to finish assignments he hadn't turned in. Perrin and Darcy are doing fairly well. They're still at the age where they just get "satisfactory" or "Needs improvement" kind of grades. And they're doing ok.

We had our family portrait taken tonight. I'm proud to say that all six of us survived. I was pretty impressed. Seven poses, and it only took about half an hour. Not bad at all. I'm even pleased with most of the pictures. Getting six people to all look at the camera and smile at the same time is impossible, so the actual "family portrait" one isn't as good as the others. But I'm pleased with the rest of them. I think. As pleased as I can be by looking at pictures on a fuzzy monitor, anyway. They didn't have the option of getting a CD of pictures, so I won't be able to post any until I get them back. Phooey.

Kamiko turned a year old yesterday. Well, not really EXACTLY yesterday. She was a stray that was taken to the shelter as a nearly-newborn kitten, and we kind of assigned her a birthday when we adopted her. So it's an approximate birthday, but it's the only birthday she's got!

I'm trying to figure out what else to say, and I've got nothin'.

2 comments:

E said...

Life sounds very hectic, I hope you get some time to exhale in between all of that craziness!

kate said...

Yup, you sound busy!

Do we get to see the family photo???