Monday, November 07, 2005

They never cease to amaze me.

Unfortunately, today, that's not in a good way. I know for a fact that my house was clean - and I mean clean - Friday night. And I picked things up and did the dishes Saturday and Sunday, too. And yet, when I woke this morning at 8:00, the entire main floor of the house was a disaster!

The younger ones had knocked over the garbage can in the kitchen, spilling coffee grounds and trash all over the floor. There is cereal, colored pencils, crayons, and paper all over the dining room floor. Oh, and glue sticks, a blankie, two cups, several napkins, not one but two card games, and various and sundry other items. All in one room that isn't any bigger than 11x12'. Such talent these kids have!

There are books, papers, pencils, and crayons all about the living room, too. And the Gamecube has been pulled out as well, so there are cords, controllers, games, cases, and memory cards littering the floor in there too.

It's amazing. In order to get them up at 7:00 or 7:30 on a school day, I nearly have to perform heroic feats. But on a day when there is no school? It looks like they were able to wake up just fine and early on their own. I thought I'd be safe setting my alarm for 8:00. Figures!

Guess I've got some work ahead of me today. *le sigh*