Monday, April 18, 2005

Sometimes, I AMAZE myself...

...with my self control.

For instance, this morning, I didn't kill my two younger children. It's truly a wonder, too. Considering Peregrine cut approximately a foot of hair off of Darcy's head...with her laughing and giggling through it all.

I simply sent them to their beds, letting them know I was NOT happy, and reminding them that scissors are ONLY FOR PAPER!!! Then I simmered for a bit. And I calmed down. And I came up with a plan. I called the kids back downstairs and told them to get socks and shoes on. I took all of the money from their piggy banks, and the three of us went for a nice long walk. Ok, the walk is only about half a mile (one way), but for a four-year-old, that can be a pretty long walk. And we went to the salon.

Perrin had to sit and do nothing except be incredibly bored while Darcy got her hair cut by a professional. A professional who did her best to make hair that was left at an inch long (in spots) look like it was INTENTIONALLY an inch long. I think she did a pretty good job considering what she had to work with.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her hair was to the middle of her back. It was finally at the point where we could braid it, or put it in ponytails, or...you know what I mean. And it was just to this point finally after the LAST time Perrin cut her hair (last spring). Oh yeah. Just look at me. Be amazed at all of this self control.