Monday, April 04, 2005

Boy, am I glad...

...that I decided to keep BOTH boys home from school today. Alex, the 10yo, got up around midnight last night, complaining that he felt like he was going to puke. He's a top-bunk kid, so I told him to go lay down on the couch and keep a garbage can nearby. I went down to check on him a little later, and he was laying there, eyes glazed, watching some cartoon or another. I wished him well and went back to bed.

Fast forward to 7:20 this morning. "Perrin, time to get up. It's a school day." Lather, rinse, repeat every five minutes until 7:45. No dice. I give up, figuring maybe he's sick, too. I called the boys in to school, and went back to bed.

Fast forward to 9:00. Alex says, "So, Mom, you're not gonna believe what was on tv last night! It kept saying 'Censored' but it won't be if you buy the videos. It was saying, 'censored' all over. And the best part is, if you order Girls Gone Wild, they'll send you a new one every month!!" Well. At least we know he's all boy, eh? Guess it's a good thing we let him spend his money on Yu-gi-oh cards, huh?

Anyhow, neither boy is sick. They both feel "Fine! Can I go out to play?!" Ugh.