Monday, March 28, 2005

Down in the dumps

I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps lately. It's nothing specific to my life...more like the state of society. It breaks my heart to watch as rights are taken away (as are the possibility of gaining rights in the future) from upstanding citizens simply because of who they love. It breaks my heart that the government is allowing a helpless woman to be tortured by starvation and dehydration. It breaks my heart that children are tortured everyday by parents who are completely unfit, and nobody has the guts to step in. It breaks my heart that children are being denied loving, decent homes because of discrimination. It breaks my heart that children are being screwed out of decent educations because of misconceptions. Things just seem to be spiraling downward, and I'm afraid what this may mean for my kids.