Saturday, March 05, 2005

As per your request...

Meg and her weird habits/other weird things about me!
  • I only eat the puffy part of each piece of popcorn. It can take hours to go through a bowl.
  • I don't like to get my hands wet. If I take a bath, I even wait until the last possible minute to put them into the water.
  • I don't like to get my face wet. Especially unintentionally. Like at the pool. Ugh.
  • I always pull noodles off of the stove before they're completely cooked.
  • I will take a route that has more right turns than left even if it takes longer to get where I'm going.
  • I have to scrub out the kitchen sink before I'll consider washing dishes in it.
  • I must be laying on my stomach in order to fall asleep. (Pregnancy was hell!)
  • I never, ever, ever sit with both feet on the floor at the same time.
  • I have to be wearing tennis shoes in order to do any sort of housework. Except folding laundry - then I prefer to be sock-footed.
  • I rarely go without shoes.
  • I hardly ever go without socks.
  • I almost never eat before 11AM.
  • I almost never fall asleep before midnight or 1AM.
  • I always sleep in my contacts, because I can't handle the idea that I won't be able to see when I wake up.
  • I have conversations with my pets. And I answer for them. And then I tell my family and friends about the conversations.
  • I don't like egg yolk. I eat fried eggwhites.
  • I dip my french fries in mayonaise, not ketchup.
  • I like honey on McDonald's cheeseburgers.
  • I am far from being a romantic. But I love getting flowers.
  • My favorite place to read is in the bath tub. (Helps keep my hands from getting wet!)
  • I stand up and take a shower when I'm done taking a bath, because I don't think I can get clean in a bath.
  • I take more pictures of my kitten than I do my kids.
  • I don't eat fish. Or any other kind of seafood. Even the thought of it can make my stomach turn. The smell of it will make me vomit.
  • I have a hard time trying new foods. Much harder if the new food is a meat I'm not used to.
  • I'm afraid of fire. (I set my parents' kitchen on fire when I was in the 8th grade.)
  • I don't like to mix meats on pizza. In fact, I prefer one topping pizzas.
  • When I find an author that I like, I read ALL of his or her books that I can get my hands on - as quickly as possible.
  • I have a hard time finding new authors.
  • I hardly ever buy CDs. There aren't many groups out there that I like well enough that I want to listen to 10 of their songs in a row.
  • Bad (written) grammar annoys the hell out of me.
  • It drives me insane when someone types "their" when they mean "there" or "they're."
  • I failed typing in high school, but now type close to 100 words a minute with terrific accuracy. (Thank you, chatrooms!)
  • I would rather spend time with computers than with most people.
  • I have a hard time playing with my kids. I can talk with them. I can provide toys and games for them. But I have a hard time actually playing with them. (Strange, because I remember my mom playing with me a lot when I was little.)
  • I can't stand stupidity.
  • I always wash my face first in the shower. Then my hair.
  • I can't stand not having my underarms shaved.
  • I won't even drive from one part of a parking lot to the other without putting on my seatbelt.
  • If I'm going to be in the car for longer than 15 minutes, I can't be wearing my coat.
  • If I'm going to be in the car for longer than 20 minutes, I want to have a fountain Coke.
  • I refuse to call my husband at work. I do, however, email him 50,000 times a day.
  • I won't iron. Anything. Ever.
  • I never, ever, ever wrap up the cord to a vacuum cleaner properly. (Which is why I bought one with a cord reel last month!)
  • I love to cook. I may not be good at it. But I love to do it.
  • I love to entertain. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends to entertain. LOL