Tuesday, January 11, 2005

On Friday

...I'll be so incredibly old. Not because my age will change - it won't. I'll be just as 30 on Friday as I am today. No, it's because my oldest son, Alex, will be an entire decade old. A decade! Ten whole years. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, TEN! Didja get that? TEN!

I couldn't possibly have been a grown-up long enough to have a ten year old, could I? Technically, I mean, I was 20 when I had him. So I guess I *have* been grown-up long enough. But it doesn't feel like it. I still feel like a kid sometimes. Am I the only one that feels that way?

I guess it's cuz as a kid, you thought grown-ups had all the answers. They knew everything! But then, when you get to that age, you realize, you're playing it by ear just like you were when you were younger. Sure, you've got more knowledge, and hopefully more wisdom than ya did before, but still...you're playing it by ear. So what's the difference? Not much, I guess. Except ya gotta file your own taxes. But we all already know how I feel about THAT. ;o)