Sunday, January 30, 2005

It's all about the bargains

What is it about new towels that makes me happy? I hit Kohls this afternoon because they were kind enough to send me an email letting me know that they had their towels on sale. Woohoo! I had fully intended on buying one color for the entire family. But then I couldn't decide WHICH color to get for the entire family. So then I thought I'd get one color for the adults, and one for the kids. Ha! That didn't work out either. Soooo... I bought some of these for me. And some of these for Tai. I decided that even though I love the kids dearly, they wouldn't appreciate Egyptian cotton towels nearly as much as Tai and I would, so I bought them cheaper towels. Darcy got these, Perrin got these, and Alex got these. They all go together quite nicely. But then, the only time they will go together is when they are in the closet, because there is nowhere in our bathroom to hang towels! LOL Oh well. At least this way, we'll know which ones belong to whom, and we'll know who is or isn't putting their towel in the laundry!

I also found some great bargains on clothing for the whole family. God, I love Kohls! I found two turtleneck/mock turtleneck shirts for myself for $3.50. I found three shirts for Tai for $6. A white ribbed shirt for Darcy for $1.60, and a Strawberry shortcake shirt for $2. Perrin got a red turtleneck with spiders and spiderwebs all over it for under $2, and Alex got a new pair of pajama pants (a size too big, cuz I wasn't paying attention) for $3.

So all told, I bought 10 nice bath towels, 8 shirts, and a pair of pj bottoms for $94. I just love a good sale!