Wednesday, October 27, 2004

It's been nearly sixty hours...

...but I'm not counting. Ha! All told, I think it's going relatively well. The kids come home from school, I send them downstairs and avoid them as much as possible. Tai comes home from work, he sits at the computer, I sit on the couch in the other room, and we avoid each other as much as possible. We both understand that we're avoiding each other because we LIKE one another, and we're irritable, and we're likely to fight over petty crap if we stay in the same room for too long. The kids don't understand it quite so well, but hopefully it won't last much longer anyway. All they know is Mommy and Daddy quit smoking.

I knew I'd be bitchy, but what I didn't know is that I would be ITCHY. Hives. All over. It started the night before last, and I think I've damn near skinned myself trying to stop the itch. The back of my neck. Anywhere a seam touches my body. Anywhere a tag touches my body. Anywhere my body touches my body. Hives. Driving. Me. Nuts. Scratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchahhhhhhh.