Wednesday, September 15, 2004

It only happens when I swallow

Here I sit, at 2:09AM, well on my way to making my apparent goal of waking everyone within a four mile radius with my coughing. I'm not coughing much, really - only every single time I swallow.

Hmmm...wonder how long I can go without swallowing? One...two...three...I'm drowning in my own saliva...I can't take it any more! *gulp* Oh no. I did it. *Cough, cough, cough, cough* Here we go again...don't swallow. You can do it! Just don't... *gulp* Shit. *Cough, cough, cough, cough*

And this is after I stayed up until 1:15 so I could take another dose of the kids' cold and cough medicine before I went to bed! (I have nothing for grown-up coughs.) So now, here I am, sitting at my computer, sucking on two (expired!) N'ice drops, hoping that will help put my throat to sleep, or at least make it a bit more relaxed, so I don't wake the entire neighborhood with my coughing. *sigh*