Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I AM what I want to be when I grow up!

I was reading this post at aMusings From the Express Lane a bit ago, and it made me stop and think. If you would have asked me at five years old, what did I want to be when I grow up? I would have told you I wanted to be a wife and a mom. If you would have asked me at ten, I would have said the same thing. At fifteen, I would have told you I wanted to be a wife and an adoptive mom (I'd learned where babies came from by then!). Regardless, there's a recurring theme - I wanted a family.

I'm sitting here in my kitchen, looking at the lunch dishes, the small pile of homework the boys have brought home from school, the Scholastic Books order form, the dishtowel on the floor, and the worksheets that are stuck to the fridge, thinking - this is exactly where I want to be.