Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Not again!

I had forgotten just what having a kindergartener can do to one's immune system. I'm sick - again. I have a cold or the flu. Probably the flu. I think I'm running a slight fever - just enough to make me miserable. Ugh! I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!

P has his second appointment today with his therapist. Yay! I'm hopeful that counseling will give this kid a great deal of help. Especially since it doesn't look like we'll be getting help on the biological front.

I don't think I wrote about our trip to the child psychiatrist. That was a big old flop. He basically looked at us like we were completely overreacting, because P behaved like a perfect angel at the appointment. Ugh! We were highly disappointed with this doctor for multiple reasons. The top was most definitely that he expected us to talk about P's biological mother while P was in the room listening. Yeah! Good doctor! Let's talk about the abuse and neglect that he had to live with for the first several years of his life while he's listening. That really pisses me off. Second was his lack of concern based simply on P's good behavior at his office. Who cares if he is suicidal at times at home? He was good at the doctor's office. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, that's what is going on here.