Friday, February 20, 2004

The first post


So, my cousin Kate has one of these, and I really enjoy reading it. She suggested that I try it. Here I am, working on my first post, and I haven't got a clue what to say. Even though she writes about everyday sorts of things, I find her posts really entertaining. Maybe this is because it gives me a way to sort of get to know her, as she's always lived a minimum of 1000 miles from me - currently she lives in Spain. Regardless, I am going to place the blame for my even attempting this all on her. ;o)

In case you know nothing of me, my name is Megan, and I live in Virginia with my significant other, Tai, our son, A, and Tai's other two children, P and D. The only reason I specify that they are Tai's children is that at some point, I'll likely talk about their history, and if I refer to their mom, it will bring about confusion. As far as I'm concerned now, I ~am~ their mom, and I'm raising them as if I gave birth to them myself. Anyhow...moving right along.

A strange thing happened to me yesterday. My ex-husband and I talked. If you know anything of my history, you'll know that I'm talking about my 2nd husband, Zach...the one I divorced with little to no warning...immediately before moving off to Virginia (from Illinois) with my first husband, Tai. Needless to say, Zach has cause to be bitter, but I was surprised to find our conversation to be quite civil - maybe even a bit friendly. I'm not sure why I mention this, other than it caused a bit of confusion for me, and it was simply something out of the ordinary.

On a completely unrelated note, I discovered this morning that A is growing up. ~sniffle~ I know, he's 9 - I shouldn't be that surprised. But the fact is, I didn't expect this to happen so soon. I'm referring to the fact that he faked being sick this morning so I would keep him home from school. Silly, I'm sure, but true. Up until now, he would have begged and pleaded to go to school, even if he had a 125 degree fever. LOL But no, not anymore! He took advantage of the fact that the whole family has had the stomach flu at some point in time or another this week, and he said, "Mom, I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I don't think I should go to school today." I bought it, hook, line, and sinker. Alas, twenty minutes ago, as I was giving his younger brother a snack, he comes bounding into the kitchen asking for a snack as well. ~sigh~ I guess this time has to come for every parent at some point...

I think I'll leave it at this for now. Time to go see what other options there are available for this nifty little place. Wish me luck. ;o)

No comments: