Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Got one!

I realized that last post, I hadn't mentioned Lisa. She's my wonderful significant other. :)

Anyway, we found an apartment! The landlady assumed we were just roommates, which was fine by us. We didn't correct her. (Though she may have heard me say, "Honey, we're home!" as she was leaving after we'd signed the lease.) LOL

It's small. But with just the two of us, that's ok. It's got a nice-sized living room, and an open layout. No kitchen to speak of - just some cabinets, a stove, and fridge tucked into a corner, basically. It'll certainly do, though. It's definitely an eat-on-the-couch setup. Which would be fantastic...if, say, we had a couch. LOL Actually, Lisa's cousin is loaning us a futon, which is awesome. A place to sit! Woohoo!

I have to say, it's very strange to have to start completely over. Or nearly so, anyway. I do have my grandmother's bedroom set, which helps quite a bit. And her hutch, which is very pretty, but not nearly as functional as a table or something. We also have a coffee table and a bookshelf. Hey, it's a start.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I'm glad you find a nest, now you just have to work on feathering it! If you lived closer I'm sure I could find a ton of stuff for you! Check out Craigslist if you have one near where you are, I've found some really good stuff - really cheap! Hello Lisa! And Meg, it's good to see you back to blogging!