Monday, July 09, 2007

**Yawn**

I'm really liking my new job, and really liking almost everyone I've worked/trained with so far.

But I'm tired. Really tired.

I'm training during the day - sometimes in the morning. Sometimes in the afternoon. And sometimes both.

Plus I'm doing on-the-job-training during both second and third shifts. I'll be working thirds, but as my supervisor put it...if someone is up when I get there, it's probably because something went wrong on second shift. Thus, I should learn what is supposed to go on during the evenings, too. Otherwise, how will I know how to fix it? Makes sense to me. LOL Not to mention, it will help me get to know the residents better. It's rather hard to get to know them while they're sleeping!

Speaking of sleep...I never know whether I'm coming or going. Between morning and afternoon classes, and working either second or third shift...I'm sleeping in naps a lot of the time. Come home from third, take a nap. Go to class. Take a nap. Spend a little time with my family, go to work 3rd shift. Go home, take a nap, go to second shift. Sleep for the night, go to training in the morning. Take a nap. Go to work third shift.

I can't wait for the training to be over and to get to my regular third shift schedule. I won't feel like such a walking zombie.

The only reason I have time to blog this morning is because my class was canceled. What a shame! LOL

Tai has been really supportive - keeping the kids quiet while they're downstairs and I'm sleeping. Keeping up with the house and laundry, etc. Plus he's applying for jobs, going for interviews & testing, etc. He be superman! (In case you didn't know, he quit his job a couple of weeks ago. I supported that decision because they were treating him like shit.)

Anyhow, that's what's going on these days!

No comments: