Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's amazing how many things I can forget...

It really is. I have thought of several things this week that I was going to blog about, and they're gone! I can't remember a single one!

I could tell you about my bad day last Friday, I guess. I got ready to go to an appointment only to discover that I had yet another flat tire. My spare was already on the van, so that was a no-go. I pulled out my can of fix-a-flat, figuring that would do the trick. I got it all hooked up, pushed the button, and...nothing. Blah. So I went to look for our air compressor. Found it right where I thought it would be. Yay! I grabbed an extension cord, and...it didn't reach. No spare, no fix-a-flat, and no compressor. I wasn't pleased.

I tried to call to cancel my appointment, but guess what? Nobody answered the phone in the twenty-five minutes I let it ring. Fine. I emailed my therapist and let her know that I wouldn't be there, and that I'd tried to call.

And then I promptly called Merchant's Tire Kingdom and arranged for my van to be towed to them, and to have four new tires put on the van, and a new spare put in the back. I didn't make my appointment, but, by golly, by the end of the day, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to have to worry about flat tires for a while!

I felt a little guilty about it because I hadn't discussed it with my husband. A $500+ purchase without discussion is pretty bad, really. But it needed done. He understood that - after all, I'd had THREE flat tires since we bought the van at the end of August. The tires were a necessity.

That's really all I can think of to tell y'all. Maybe I'll come up with more later. LOL

Hope everyone out there in blogland is doing well!