Thursday, November 03, 2005

Oh! Oh! Oh! Blogger is working! Hurry, quick - write about Disney World!

I've been trying for two days to sit down and write this post, but Blogger hasn't let me in until now. So let's see how much I can get typed out while Blogger is feeling agreeable.

All three kids enjoyed flying. This is the first flight Alex remembers, and the first flight at all for Perrin and Darcy. Nobody got sick, and we had two take-offs and two landings each way, so all three kids got a turn at the window for each. They loved it. In fact, before we'd even made it to Disney World, Alex said that nothing there would compare - the airplane ride was the best ride of the whole trip. (I think we proved him wrong.)

My in-laws bought the magic your way tickets with meals, so everyone got a table meal, a counter meal, and one snack per day. I know how my kids eat, and I really, really thought we were going to have three starving children throughout the whole trip. I was wrong. The table meals included a huge amount of food. I mean, the dessert alone at our first meal was bigger than my head! It was a brownie sundae - with two or three brownies and four or five scoops of ice cream...plus fudge and caramel, and oh my god was it tasty. Desserts with all of the meals, and appetizers with the table meals made for a very full Meg (and all of the other adults) and mostly full children. And we were so busy the rest of the time, the kids forgot they'd only gotten mostly full at meal time. Not only was the food copious, it was good. I mean really, really good. Except for lunch with Cinderella at Epcot, which just generally sucked, but I suppose if I were from Norway, I might not have felt that way. All of the other meals were just delicious. And my mother-in-law made all sorts of reservations for character dining, so we ate with Mickey, Minnie, Goofie, Donald, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Aurora, Jasmine, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, etc, etc, etc...It was a blast.

I was really impressed with how well kept the resort was. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, which didn't look too exciting according to the website. Which was true, but what I didn't realize before hand was that I'd LIKE the fact that it wasn't too exciting. It was nice and quiet, and it was a nice place to go back to at the end of the day. Plus, of course, one of the pools had a waterslide for the kids and a jacuzzi for us! Tai went for a walk in the wee hours of the morning the day after we arrived, and he saw a crew of four guys painting stuff. He asked them about it and was told that was their job. They painted and repainted every single night at the resort to make sure nothing ever looked run down. Amazing.

The parks were equally as well kept. We visited the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, and Animal Kingdom, and at no point in time did I ever see so much as a single cigarette butt on the ground, let alone a cup or plate or napkin or candy wrapper. Even leaves had a limited time to enjoy the ground before it was swept up by a Disney employee.

And now it's time to put my spaghetti in the boiling water...I'll get back to y'all later with more details. And pictures!