Saturday, June 18, 2005

We're free at last!

Not three minutes ago, Perrin and Darcy rode off with their biological mother for a 2 week vacation. Yesterday, Alex took off with my dad. We're free! We're free!!

While they are gone, we plan to build a fourth bedroom in the basement. Because we rent, we'll be making it as stable as possible without actually making it part of the structure. It ought to be a fun project. And I can't wait to see the boys' faces when they see that they won't have to share a room anymore once they get home. :) I'm really hoping that they will get along better since they won't be in each other's face so much. If this doesn't do the trick, I'm seriously considering duct taping them together, back to back, because everytime they see one another, they argue. Muah ha ha ha!

We will essentially be building 6' high theater flats, securing them to the floor and to the ceiling (they'll be shorter than the ceiling by far, but we'll work that out), and putting a hinge between two of the frames so one can be used as a door. Currently, the boys share a bunkbed. We're not sure whether we'll end up cutting the frame in half and leaving one half upstairs and taking the other downstairs, or if we'll just buy a new bed for the basement room. Either way, it will be something different for each of the boys. Because there is a door to the outside in the basement, we've decided it would be safest for Alex to have the basement room. Perrin might decide to take off in the middle of the night!

I woke up at 5:15 this morning with my jaw just killing me. I got up to take meds, and accidentally woke Cathe (the kids' biomom) up, so our day got started earlier than anyone intended. I was going to go back to bed once they got on the road, but now I'm too jazzed. I want to get started on this bedroom! LOL

Anyway, that's what's going on around these parts!