Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I just got my butt whooped by a 4yo

Darcy, in her first ever game of Go Fish, kicked my ass. Oh yes...she had six sets of four cards, and I had two. She so whomped me!

In brighter news, I got the deck all vacuumed (yeah, weird indoor/outdoor carpet stuff on it), and the patio set cleaned, etc this morning. I'd been planning on doing it yesterday, but the plumber called and said he was available NOW (eek! must clean for the plumber!) to come out to see if he could ascertain why my water bill is so outrageous. He putzed around here for something like two hours, totally blowing my schedule to hell. He gave me good news and bad news. First, we're not using nearly as much water as our bill says. That's the good news. The bad news is, somewhere between the street and the house, we're leaking about 2.5 gallons of water every 10 to 15 minutes. If a valve replacement at the main water shut-off in our house doesn't work, they may need to rip up my whole front yard (including my garden!!!) to fix it. I don't know if the owners are willing to pay for all of that, but we'll see how it goes. All I know is that I don't wanna be paying well over $100 bucks for water every month. I've been doing that for the last seven months, and I'm finished with it! LOL

So, between the plumber coming and the haircut yesterday, I didn't have as much time to spend on the house as I would have liked. I did manage to finish cleaning and organizing the bedrooms and upstairs hall. And I got the stairs vacuumed, too. That's something. Did the basement over the weekend, so that's done. Did the deck today. Now I just have to concentrate on the main floor of the house. You know, the really messy part? Yeah.

Oh, did I mention my parents will be coming this weekend? They'll be staying (in town, not in my house) for about a week. It will be the first time they've been out here to visit since we moved here over a year and a half ago. I can't wait! Mostly because I love my parents and like spending time with them. But there is another reason, too. It's like magic...once a Grandma steps in the door, the kids stop saying, "Mommmmmmm" and "Mommyyyyyyy" and change it to "Grandmaaaaaa!" *grin*

The rest of this week is going to suck, though. Tomorrow, I'm going to be tortured...I mean...have my jaws yanked apart and have root canal done on at least one tooth. Perhaps two. If the dentist is really ambitious, she might do three. Oh yeah. It'll be just fabulous. But my wonderful husband has decided that I probably won't be feeling well after that, so he took leave. He'll be here to deal with the kids. In fact, he thought it might really really suck for me, and he took leave through Friday! (Which he changed to through next Wednesday after my parents scheduled their vacation.) And then Thursday is the day we are taking the cat to be tortured...I mean have him neutered. I feel so bad for him. Not only are we going to have to deny him food and water from midnight Wednesday night on, but we're taking him in the CAR to a VET who is going to CHOP his nuts off. I somehow don't think he'll be too happy with us after that. Poor kitty! Friday, of course, will be spent cleaning in anticipation of company.

I think that's about all that's going on. All I can think of, anyhow!