Monday, March 14, 2005

Stuff, stuff, and more stuff

First of all, I went to the dentist this morning. While I came home with no physical pain, my checkbook hurts at only the *thought* of what I'm going to need to have done. I was basically told that I've been taking care of my teeth too well. So well, in fact, that I've scraped away so much of my gums that part of my roots are showing. (Damn hard toothbrushes!) This explains why I'm having the trouble with my top two back teeth - the root was exposed, and food and whatnot was able to get inbetween the gums and the root. She said that *maybe* I could get away with just a filling for one of those. But the other was definitely a root canal. And I need a root canal on a lower tooth, too. Plus two surgical extractions for my lower wisdom teeth which are falling apart (they're still in my gums, so I can't SEE that part). After insurance, the out-of-pocket expense we're looking at is over $300 per root canal. (Reminder, that's two root canals, and a possible third.) I don't even want to think about the cost of extracting the lower wisdom teeth. I know all of the procedures will be painful enough, but the cost just adds insult to injury!

On a bright note, Tai, Darcy and I got to go out for lunch today. :) We went to the Macaroni Grill. I had a tastey house salad, divine eggplant parmesan, and 1/2 a slice of creamy caffee latte cheesecake. It was just wonderul. Tai didn't enjoy his meal as much as I enjoyed mine, but he suffered through it...only to eat the REST of the bottom (chocolatey part) of the cheesecake all by himself! Grrr! Darcy picked at her chicken strips and fries, but ate her ice cream and fresh strawberries with glee.

After lunch, we hopped over to Lowe's and picked up some more gardening supplies, including a clematis plant, a weasel, a second hose, and a sprinkler. We're going to get started on some of the gardening today, finally! Ok, I kinda started a bit already - I started the columbines and the portulaca indoors. We've got little baby seedlings. :)

Whew! I think that's finally it for the day thus far. Now it's time for me to get some laundry done before the boys get home!