Friday, December 17, 2004

I am SO on top of this holiday stuff

And I wonder when that statement is going to turn around and bite me in the ass!

A week and a half ago, I bought some cute little craft projects that I planned on the boys making for their teachers. What I didn't count on was that it would take forever for their little hands to make them! Sure, they're age appropriate, but when you consider the minimum number of teachers either of them has is SEVEN, those cute little projects turn into a BIG deal. They've each made one or two, but if they were going to get done before Christmas break, I needed to work on 'em, too.

So this afternoon, I made 11 Snowman Thermometers, 2 Snowman Pins (Talk about time consuming!), and one of each of these Suction Cup Characters. Aren't they all adorable?

I also made a Snowflake Necklace for each of the kids' stockings.

I have several little craft kits left over. I'm thinking about giving them to the neighbor kids as little Christmas presents. These are things they can make and keep, or give to their folks as presents, or give to each other, even, maybe. It's a thought.

Anyway, I'm all crafted out...but at least I'm done! Now I'm thinking about making chocolate chip cookies - but to do that, I've gotta clean the kitchen. I'm weighing the pros and cons, and I'm just not sure the cookies are worth it! LOL