Saturday, November 06, 2004

This can't be good for me

Ok, y'all know by now that I quit smoking not quite two weeks ago. For the exact time, look at the nifty quit-meter thingie at the top of the page. I've decided this simply CANNOT be good for me.

First there was the three-day-long panic attack. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. I felt like my heart was going to explode through my chest. Then there was the HUNGER. The feeling that I HAD to get something into my system NOW. That part hasn't totally gone away. Then there was the everything tastes funny part. That's still around, too, and probably will be for a long while. What I really didn't expect, though, beyond the first couple of days of grumpiness, is this feeling of...I don't know. I have no patience. I'm depressed. Nothing holds my interest. I haven't got the desire to talk on the phone. It's weird. It's like...PMS, but worse. And believe me, my PMS can get pretty bad.

This can't be good for me. Surely smoking is better for me, right?