Wednesday, October 20, 2004


I woke up at 3:45 AM having had a very strange dream. One in which I found myself in bed with (though not touching in any way) my ex-husband. If that weren't strange enough, I was staring at the night sky...apparantly through my ceiling. And there were pretty lights. The UFO variety. I tried to wake up the ex to point them out, but he wouldn't wake up. And suddenly, *things* started falling out of the sky. Farm equipment. Pieces of roofing material. Other pieces of buildings. I was very confused - thinking, if this were a tornado, wouldn't I see the funnel? I started yelling at the ex to get up and yelling at the kids to get their shoes on. I tried to get into the closet (Why? Who was a dream!), but it was locked. As I turned back around to leave the room and find the kids, a piece of roof fell through the ceiling and landed on (and I think killed) my ex (Sorry Zach!). I ran downstairs to get the kids, and saw my father there - told him that things were falling out of the sky. He said, "I know" and pointed at matching holes in the ceiling and floor. I yelled for Darcy to put her shoes on, and asked Barb (the two younger kids' biological mom's mother) to help me find the boys. But she was busy getting ready to go to Barbara Eden's house to help her through this. Apparantly, in my dream, Barbara Eden had gone slightly mad, and the kids' grandma was supposedly a friend that had agreed to take care of her. I have no idea where I was planning on taking the kids, or how we were going to stay safe. It was all a mad rush to get *somewhere* quickly. And then I woke up. Weirrrrrrrrd.

Tai's alarm clocks go off at 4:00, 4:05, 4:09, 4:14, 4:18, etc until he finally shuts them off. Most days, he wakes up before he turns them off. Not the case this morning. Oops. I stayed awake through all of it...right up until he turned them off and climbed back into bed, at which point I was so thankful for the quiet, I fell back to sleep myself. He woke at 6:00 this morning with a start, realizing he'd overslept. At which point, he decided to wake ME up to tell me he was going to be super late for work. I took this to mean, "Please go downstairs, help me get my stuff together, and for goodness sakes, make me some coffee, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeee?" So I headed downstairs to do just that. He ultimately decided that leaving at that hour, he would be stuck in traffic for 2 1/2 hours on his way to work, and he didn't leave until later. So I got up an hour and half early for nothing. Blah. What a great start to the day, eh? (It's ok, though. He's cute. I'll forgive him.)