Thursday, October 28, 2004

Ugh. Nothing sucks worse than feeling anti-social as all hell, and wanting to be snuggled, hugged, and made to feel better all at the same time. I expected mood swings, but I assumed they'd be more like normal to pissy swings. Nope. I'm swinging from normal to angry to depressed. I've cried at re-runs of The West Wing...that I've already seen...that aren't particularly moving. It's not pretty. It is, however, getting better.

One thing I hadn't considered at all before quitting - all food now tastes like crap. Nothing tastes right. We ordered Chinese last night, and it was just plain gross to me. Tai, on the other hand, stuffed himself because everything tastes BETTER to him. Go figure.

Lest you all begin to think I can talk of nothing but quitting smoking, I guess I'd better talk of something else for a while...

Our little buffet on the deck has expanded. In addition to the squirrel food, I've added not one, but two, kinds of bird seed/food. Throughout the day, we have several regular visitors. Three or four squirrels (one adult and two or three juveniles), about a dozen mourning doves, about half a dozen blue jays, two crows, and a handful of chickadees. Plus, of course, the occasional visitors. I've tried to get some pictures, but I haven't had time to put them on the computer yet. I doubt any of them are any good - between the delay on the camera, the window, etc, I rarely get the picture I'm trying for. Oh well.

Tai finally got ahold of Perrin's therapist. He has an appointment tomorrow morning. Yay!

That's about all that's going on.