Monday, July 05, 2004

A Nice Holiday Weekend, Our Upcoming Vacation, and A Bed to Myself...

We spent a good portion of Saturday at Tai's friend's mother's (man, that's a lotta 's's) house. She has a very nice pool - with a diving board! The kids had a lot of fun swimming for close to five hours.



Sunday, it rained most of the day, but nature smiled on us and dried up its skies for the fireworks display. I'm not kidding when I say the very moment I started to climb into the car on the way home, it started to rain again! LOL The kids enjoyed the fireworks - I overheard D say, "This is my favorite show!" Doesn't get much better than that. The two younger kids, unfortunately, missed the finale - they had to use the bathroom. Oh well, they don't know what they missed, and who am I to tell them?



So we're planning on leaving Friday for our vacation. We'll be heading to Wisconsin to visit with Tai's family for a day (Saturday), and then driving to Illinois to stay with my family for a week and a half. I'm not looking foreward to sharing the small car with three overactive children for 1500 miles (Plus another 900 miles back), but what choice do I have? I suppose a bit of vodka and duct tape will keep things under control. ;o) Wish us luck!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of my alone time tonight. Tai is on 24 hour duty, so I'll have my entire evening/night after the kids go to bed, to myself. I'd say WOOHOO! Except I'm not all that excited. This will be the first time I've not had Tai to cuddle up to at night in 9 months. It's gonna suck.

No comments: