Thursday, June 17, 2004

The end of the school year...

Today was P's last day of kindergarten! Woohoo! They sent him home with a cute little diploma and everything. A will finish 3rd grade tomorrow. They sent home all of his school supplies Monday, so who knows what they've been doing all week!?

I'm not so sure I'm ready for this "summer vacation" thing. What am I going to do with three kids in an apartment all day?? Sure, we can go down to the little playground here at the complex, and we can go to the pool. But I don't think I could handle all-day outings with the kids by myself. It would be helpful, I think, if we had a car at our disposal, but it goes to work with Tai every weekday, so that's not an option. I guess we'll get it all figured out.

I will have to spend some time with P doing schoolwork. He still has a lot of catching up to do before he will be on par with the rest of his class. The difficult thing about that is he only works when he wants to work. I'll have to remain fairly flexible while keeping structure. Wish me luck.

I'll keep working with D, too. She may only be three, but she's got her alphabet down, and knows all of her colors and shapes. She's starting to recognize some letters in print, and she can even write a couple, too. I think if I work with her as much as I work with P over the summer, she'll probably be reading by September.

I think it's going to be a long, long summer.

No comments: