Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Why is it men don't get us?

There is a guy I know from online that is constantly asking why women are so strange. And what do they really want? The Ex II has also asked me what women really want. I'm not sure what they find so difficult to understand about us, really. We're just people, after all.

I'm not sure how to even approach the "Why are women so strange?" question, since I'm not sure of his definition of strange. But the what women want part? That seems pretty easy to me.

Women want:
Someone who deserves her trust
Someone who trusts her
Someone who deserves her respect
Someone who respects her
Someone who appreciates what she does
Someone who is willing to be her friend
Someone who isn't afraid of emotional intimacy
Someone who will be a true partner
Someone who listens
Someone who only gives advice when asked for it
Someone who cleans up after himself
Someone who admits he's wrong
Someone who doesn't tease her after she admits she's wrong
Someone who listens without being judgemental
Someone who needs her but isn't needy
Someone who is willing to be needed but not clung to
Someone who is willing to give his opinions
Someone who wants to hear her opinions
Someone who will always be honest without being brutal
Someone who is not offended by her honesty
Someone who realizes that she'd like to spend the rest of her life with him
Someone who realizes that she's capable of surviving without him
Someone who has a sense of humor
Someone who appreciates her sense of humor
Someone who is willing and able to give her hours and hours of orgasmic bliss ;o)

I think that about sums it up. I'm sure I'll think of more later, but that'll have to do for now. Oh, disclaimer: I used the word "he" and "him" in here for simplicity's sake. You never know, depending on the woman, she may be looking for a "she" or "her".

What am I forgetting, ladies? Comment below.

No comments: