Wednesday, March 03, 2004

We're going to have visitors!


I was awakened this morning by my non-mother-in-law about ten minutes before my alarm was due to go off. She was calling (at 4:30 in the morning her time) to let us know that she and my non-brother-in-law will be coming out to visit next month for about a week. I'm not sure how I feel about this; I'm trying very hard to keep a positive attitude. Sylvia and I have had issues in the past, but those are in the distant past. I've promised Tai that I'll give her another chance. Apparantly she's given me one. As short a time ago as late August, she thought of me as the antichrist. Now, I guess I'm closer to the bee's knees...which of course ~is~ a more apt description of me. ;o)

On to other things: This whole no-TV thing seems to be working well for the kids. Previously, they were allowed to watch it (usually while doing other things) pretty much from the time they got up until they went to bed, excepting meals and school. The boys have a TV in their room, and we didn't care if it was on all the time. But now that they are grounded from it, I'm noticing less fights between the kids, and they are paying attention to me more. I'm not sure if it's because they have finally simply realized I'm serious about them following directions or if it's the lack of competition with the TV. Regardless, I think we'll be cutting way back on it once they get it back.

No comments: