Monday, March 08, 2004

Egads, the questions!

So P (the 5 year old) has been coming up with all sorts of fun questions lately. Some examples:

1) What happened to the baby that was in C's belly? (bio-mom gave a baby up for adoption last year)
2) Where is D's peebug? (kidspeak for penis)
3) Why didn't C clean her house? (severe environmental neglect)
4) Why can't C and Daddy just say they are sorry for their fight? (i.e. why can't mom and dad get back together?)

There are more, but I can't think of them right off the top of my head. All I know is that I'm not quick enough on my feet to come up with good answers. And wouldn't you know, he asks me these questions, not Tai.

These are the answers I gave him:

1) Mommy knew a family that wanted a baby very badly, so the baby went to live with them.
2) D is a girl, and girls have different parts than boys. ("Oh, is hers square, then?") No, it's not square...it's just different than yours.
3) Mommy is a little bit sick, and her kind of sickness sometimes makes it hard for her to clean the house.
4) Remember when Mommy and Daddy lived together? They had lots more fights than just one, didn't they? Sometimes it's just better when Mommies and Daddies don't live together. Your mommy and daddy aren't ever going to live together again, sweetie. But it's nice that you live in a house where the grown ups don't fight, isn't it?

Any suggestions on how I can handle these questions if they come up again? LOL

No comments: