Monday, December 27, 2004

It's goin' down!

The Christmas tree, that is. It's coming down as soon as I can manage it (damn flu!). Each of my kids got darn close to FORTY Christmas presents, and yet the two younger ones keep saying, "I want MORE presents! Is Santa coming tonight?" (Greedy little...) So I'm hoping if the Christmas tree is out of sight, those thoughts will be out of mind!

I've found an excellent medicine for my sore throat: Cherry Jubilee ice cream. It's just a grocery store brand, but they teamed up wtih Andes (the mint people) to make this wonderfully nummy cherry flavored ice cream with fudge swirls and Andes Cherry Jubilee Chips. It's delish! Though it helps the throat, I'm sure it doesn't help the waistline.

That's going to be my next New Year's Resolution. Last year, I vowed to quit smoking by the end of 2004 - which I did...9 weeks, 15 hours, and 21 minutes ago. (Not that I'm counting.) Next year, I'm going to lose the weight I gained when I quit smoking, and another 20 pounds...which will put me at the lower end of the recommended weight for my height rather than the upper end. I think that's a reasonable resolution. If I can stop smoking after 13 years, surely I can handle a little weight loss. Don't you think?